I was born in Sekondi to a nurse and a farmer. At about 5 years, we moved to Komenda, a small town in the Central Region of Ghana. Even though I was one of the best students in primary school, I always felt ‘little’ when we travelled to cities like Cape Coast, Accra and Takoradi. I felt everyone there was more beautiful, more intelligent, spoke better English and was generally better than me. I had a similar experience in secondary school, always looking down on myself and feeling I was not good enough. Oh how I wished I were an ‘Accra girl’ because I thought they were so cool! Yet, when my family finally moved to Accra, I still didn’t feel cool. On top of this I didn’t even have a boyfriend! If only I could get a boyfriend, then I will be cool like the other girls… I thought. In University, I met some really wonderful friends, some of whom were from ‘rich’ families and I thought being friends with them will make me feel cool. I didn’t. I had the opportunity to start tr...
The nodal town of Ifaki Ekiti is set to host leading Nigerians who have made an impact in the area of community development from different parts of the nation. According to a release by the publicity unit of the organizers, the Ifaki Progressive Union(IPU) the award and recognition is to draw attention to the crying need for focused grassroots investment by high net worth Nigerians, including corporates. The town believes that by investing in local communities, the pressure on the urban areas from rural-urban migration will be relaxed and youths and other categories of Nigerians will benefit immensely from initiatives in different aspects of the local economy, reducing crimes and aberrant behavior. Those to be honored are top notch investors in Education, health, manufacturing and other areas. The organizing committee will be releasing the final list as soon as all protocol requirements have been met. This year's Ifaki Day promises to set a new standard with several inn...
Kingsley Moghalu was 46 when he was appointed as Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria in 2009. A Lawyer, he has a Ph.D in International Relations. He had barely left his job at the United Nations, after 17 years when he was appointed Deputy Governor. He had not worked in a bank for one day, from what I know, so could not have risen to the position of Executive Director. He was Deputy Governor for Financial Stability at a time and in charge of the Operations Directorate at another. Kingsley Moghalu was one of those favoured to suceed Lamido Sanusi as Governor, before the crisis and the appointment of Godwin Emefiele thereafter. I t was no surprise when Kingsley Moghalu resigned months after he was returned to the Financial Systems Stability, FSS Directorate from the Operations Directorate by Governor Emefiele. Is it not ridiculous that a lady with 20 years of banking experience will be deemed unqualified to serve as Executive Director where people from different fie...
Comments
Post a Comment