I was born in Sekondi to a nurse and a farmer. At about 5 years, we moved to Komenda, a small town in the Central Region of Ghana. Even though I was one of the best students in primary school, I always felt ‘little’ when we travelled to cities like Cape Coast, Accra and Takoradi. I felt everyone there was more beautiful, more intelligent, spoke better English and was generally better than me. I had a similar experience in secondary school, always looking down on myself and feeling I was not good enough. Oh how I wished I were an ‘Accra girl’ because I thought they were so cool! Yet, when my family finally moved to Accra, I still didn’t feel cool. On top of this I didn’t even have a boyfriend! If only I could get a boyfriend, then I will be cool like the other girls… I thought. In University, I met some really wonderful friends, some of whom were from ‘rich’ families and I thought being friends with them will make me feel cool. I didn’t. I had the opportunity to start tr...
My Name Is Fatima Mustapha. I Am 21 Years Old. I Am From Makarfi In Kaduna State. I Would Like To Share My Divorce Diaries With You . I was married off at age 11. In my village, most of us were married by age 12 to preserve our purity. I am still not sure what that means. I never thought it would happen to me because my parents allowed me to attend school instead of hawking and I loved school alot. In my school nobody made me do extra work because I was a girl. I loved school because I loved coming first and being ahead of the boys in my class. I was in JS2 when my mother started talking about getting me married. I honestly thought she was joking until my uncle brought his friend to our house as my suitor. My suitor, Malam Faruk was a shoe seller and cobbler in Zaria. He was 42 years old and my parents felt he would make a good husband. I did not understand what they were all talking about. I really did not understand what I would do with a husband. So that’s how Malam F...
Kingsley Moghalu was 46 when he was appointed as Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria in 2009. A Lawyer, he has a Ph.D in International Relations. He had barely left his job at the United Nations, after 17 years when he was appointed Deputy Governor. He had not worked in a bank for one day, from what I know, so could not have risen to the position of Executive Director. He was Deputy Governor for Financial Stability at a time and in charge of the Operations Directorate at another. Kingsley Moghalu was one of those favoured to suceed Lamido Sanusi as Governor, before the crisis and the appointment of Godwin Emefiele thereafter. I t was no surprise when Kingsley Moghalu resigned months after he was returned to the Financial Systems Stability, FSS Directorate from the Operations Directorate by Governor Emefiele. Is it not ridiculous that a lady with 20 years of banking experience will be deemed unqualified to serve as Executive Director where people from different fie...
Comments
Post a Comment