Happy International Day of the Girl-Child!


Chi Yvonne Leina
Today I celebrate you Girl Child!!!!!!; loaded with potentials, graced with beauty, petal that embellishes our world, you are a gift!
Ngum, Chioma, Nabila, Epole, Shade, Shaniqua, Lupita, Chelsea, it doesn’t matter where you are from, you are beautiful! As a mother of nations, I bless you with every motherly blessing. I stand at a spiritual crossroad to bar the way to all arrows of oppression, subjugation and discrimination targeted against you.

I purge the earth of any force that is holding your potentials bound. I came to earth with a specific assignment that concerns your freedom. Until you are free, I will not be free! Girl, you are the world’s greatest untapped resource, not gold, mineral, oil or gas!

I have a dream, a dream of a world where no girl child will be left behind because of her gender; where knives shall be loosed and drums rolled to celebrate and not mutilate our girls. Where no girl child will have to fearfully and helplessly watch a man beat life out of her mother and wonder in her little mind if that will be her story someday.

I dream of a world where rapists shall be held responsible and victims comforted and not chastised. A world in which the budding of a girl’s breast shall not be welcomed with a hot stone but with celebrated. Such a world is on its way!ding your potentials bound.I came to earth with a specific assignment that concerns your freedom.Until you are free,I will not be free!Girl,you are the world`s greatest untapped resource, not gold,minerals.oil or gas,yes you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COWLSO Conference to Focus on Ingenuity of Women - Bolanle Ambode

When the Abuser Withdraws!

Bodex To Host 2017 City People’s Movie Awards Red Carpet