As Woman To Woman!




"When I think of you, I see Strength & Grace. You are Gold to whoever gets you". Wow! Those were the words a girlfriend who I haven't spoken to in about a year and a half said to me. I was pleasantly shocked! I had no idea she saw me in that light. Her words came at a time that though my face and outward appearance told a different story; my spirit was down. I was feeling very low and even if I once thought of myself as something, I had started to think otherwise. I needed a word of encouragement. Not from my hubby or children who I know love me anyway but it came from a fellow woman who has absolutely nothing to gain. 

This got me thinking how nice it will be if we women could encourage other women rather than the opposite. Truth be told, women unfortunately are other women's greatest enemies. A woman's rival is a woman; women gossip about other women; women are the worst inlaws; widows suffer at the hands of women; women snatch other women's husbands; women are envious of other women; women plot the downfall of other women etc.....

At most women's gatherings, I get to hear everytime that "women are suffering" and I find myself wondering "what exactly are women suffering from?". Is it always from man-related issues? I think not because if you trace these issues, you are most likely to detect a woman at its origin. An irresponsible husband was nurtured to be so by the mother or sisters who probably pampered him and did everything for him so how on earth is such a man prepared to take care of a wife? You can't give what you don't have. Or is it an abusive man who would have been like that all his life but the mother finds him a wife hoping that the wife will be able to manage and live with what they have created and nurtured for the first 30years of his life. What about a woman being reminded of her past when God has forgotten? It's by fellow women! 

Methinks, we need to work more together as women. Collaborate rather that fight or create problems for each other. Compliment rather than gossip. Social media, social gatherings and even the Church is not left out of this woman against woman crusade. Every problem a woman has is automatically tied towards a man or lack of one which is not always the case!!! 

A woman needs another woman to remind her of how fearfully and wonderfully made she is, then maybe she will not crave the lying words of a wicked man. Scripturally, the older women are to teach the younger women "Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God"-Tit 2:3-5.

Lets stop the cliques that "freeze out" other women which unfortunately happens even amongst Christians. Groups and Cliques in Church that don't welcome new or younger women. While they may not gossip or malign, they simply ignore them. Let's support and encourage each other as women irrespective of race, religion or social background. My friend who gave me those encouraging words had no idea what I was going through but God used her words of encouragement to help me. While she was speaking matter of factly, her words meant everything to me. Every woman irrespective of how strong, rich or successful they appear to be needs a word of encouragement. I am privileged to have very few friends who whenever we speak; encourage each other(because I have wisely cut off friends who bring me down and so should you too). 

No envy or unhealthy competition whatsoever. This call is beyond my friends and I have resolved to reach out to as many women as possible and speak words of encouragement into their lives. Will you join me and call up a woman today and say something nice and encouraging? Just woman to woman. No lies or flattery necessary. Sometimes, a woman needs to be reminded how unique and incredible she is because sometimes we forget or have never been told. And who to do it best? A fellow woman. I am not into Women's Lib and believe strongly in being loved by a man but it's a self confident woman that a woman loves. An emotionally weak one usually becomes prey. Let's not wait for a birthday or special day to celebrate and encourage one another. Women are stronger together. 

To the woman reading this who will encourage another woman , you are beautiful, strong and a survivor(let no one tell you otherwise). God has not brought you this far to desert you. God has not forgotten you. HE is mindful of you. Go out and fulfil your purpose...
And finally, to the woman who inadvertently started all these; thank you Joy; -indeed, blessed art thou amongst women.... Love you muchly!
©Tinuola Agbabiaka

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COWLSO Conference to Focus on Ingenuity of Women - Bolanle Ambode

When the Abuser Withdraws!

Bodex To Host 2017 City People’s Movie Awards Red Carpet