“My Parents Encouraged Me to Pursue My Passion- Kiki Osinbajo

Just like some people, who dump their certificate to follow their passion, 24-year old Kiki Osinbajo, the daughter of the vice president, Yemi Osinbajo, has decided to follow her passion in the beauty industry.
She recently launched a beauty company, Glam’d Africa, a one-stop shop for all beauty products, including, clothing, accessories, skincare, hair products, makeup and a nail salon. Surprisingly, her parents gave her their full support.

Speaking in recent interview, Kiki expressed joy at her parent’s reaction when she first shared with them, her vision of starting a beauty company.
I studied law and business management. Though I found it interesting, I didn’t feel passionate about it like I was about fashion and the beauty industry. My dad knew I wasn’t going to practice law. He still teases me about it. Every now and then I hear, ‘My daughter studied law but doesn’t want to practice.’ But he supports my determination”, she said.

“My father is a very dedicated person. I like to think I inherited that trait. He raised my siblings and me to believe that we could do anything. From the time we were much younger till now, whenever we would try something he would always say, “Good, but you can do it bigger.” I can’t help but learn from watching him.
As for my mother, half the time I was the one worried and coming up with all the “What ifs?” Finally she just said to me, ‘Look if you keep saying ‘what if’ it’s not going to happen.’ I’ll admit, initially I was scared even though I didn’t tell anyone that flat out. But the support of my parents and family has enabled me, and even emboldened me.”

I remember the day I was going to actually start implementing my business plan, a friend who is like a brother to me called and said, “Are you sure you want to do this? There will be a lot of work and so many people to deal with.”
At that point I was determined to give it my all and I told him that I didn’t want anybody trying to talk me out of this. I knew it would be a lot of hard work but I was ready.

Culled from www.guardian.ng


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When the Abuser Withdraws!

COWLSO Conference to Focus on Ingenuity of Women - Bolanle Ambode

Bodex To Host 2017 City People’s Movie Awards Red Carpet